Get Started on OPEN Communities
Here's how you can make the most of your OPEN experience by allowing others to find and connect with you, engaging in meaningful conversations about the topics that matter to you, and building your presence in the online community.
When you go to OPEN Communities, click “Sign in” in the top right corner. Login in using your Email address and password.
- On the sign in page, you can reset your username or password by using the links below the sign in button.
- If you don’t have an account, click “Create a new account.”
Tell us about yourself: Is this what you really look like? Click the 'Actions' button to upload a profile picture and add some information to your Bio so it is easier to find and connect with like-minded peers.
Customize your profile settings: While on your profile page, click on the tab for My Account. Here you can set up how you want to receive emails from the community, how much of your profile you want visible to other members, design the signature area that appears under your discussion posts and more. If you have any questions about what a certain setting means, please email email@example.com for help.
Email Delivery Options: Your frequency can be in the form of daily or weekly digests–a single email summarizing the hottest topics in your communities of interest, or stay informed in real time with instant alerts.
Build your contact list: Select Directory from the top navigation bar to find friends and colleagues on OPEN Communities. Creating a contact list helps identify relationships and build searchable networks. Our Advanced Search option offers further parameters for making connections.
Join Communities of Interest:
1. Click "Communities" then "All Communities" to see all that you can join.
2. Click "Join" and set your Email delivery preferences
All Communities are modeled the same way with a Community Home, Discussion Forum, Library, Events, and Member Directory for content and membership specific to each Community.
Post a Message:
1. Select the "Discussion" tab on the Community Navigation Bar and “Post New Message”
2. You can upload attachments (attachments will automatically be added to the specified community library).
3. You can @mention specific OPEN members.
Reply to a Discussion:
Click on the Discussion Post you would like to reply to and click "Reply" on the right hand side: